Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Shawn's Move to K&L Gates

Last week I moved from Jones Day to another large international law firm - K&L Gates. I joined K&L Gates as a Partner in their Outsourcing and Technology Transaction practice. My good friend, Jason Krieser and I both made the jump.

This was a hard decision for me. In my 7 years at Jones Day I gained tremendous respect for Jones Day as a legal institution and admire the many outstanding lawyers that make up the firm.

However, K&L Gates has a very strong platform for my practice. K&L Gates has nearly 2,000 lawyers, in 38 offices located on three continents. K&L Gates had revenue last year in excess of $1 Billion and is the Global 100's fastest growing law firm. The "Gates" in K&L Gates is William H. Gates, Sr. - the father of Bill Gates (of Microsoft fame). William H. Gates, Sr. was an attorney at Preston Gates & Ellis and later merged with Kirkpatrick & Lockhart to form K&L Gates. K&L Gates is a fast growing, high energy, law firm with historical technology roots.

My practice at K&L Gates will continue to focus on information technology, outsourcing, telecommunications and intellectual property matters. I am excited about the future.

Below is some press coverage on the move:




No comments: